Thursday 28 June 2018

A masculine farewell card

Lately, I was asked to make a farewell card for a guy who is originally a history-geography teacher but who is a very skilled cabinetmaker and who often goes to work by bicycle and whose one of the hobbies is photography. And now he is leaving his job.




I had to make a quite big card because 60 people wanted to sign it. So it was an A4 card folded half. 

For the background, I cut out many carpenter tools and I glued them on a thick cardstock which was covered with a layer of gesso after.








Then I painted silver and when it was dry, I smeared diluted black paint on the surface.


What I used:

MFT, Die-Namics Tool Charms

Memory Box, Carpenter Tools die

Stampers Anonymous, Mini Blueprints 3 by Tim Holtz (CMS150)

Stampers Anonymous, Schoolhouse Blueprints by Tim Holtz (CMS230)

Stampers Anonymous, Travel Blueprints by Tim Holtz (CMS148)

Stampers Anonymous, Pen and Pencil by Tim Holtz (CMS072)

Stampers Anonymous, Hashtags by Tim Holtz (CMS183)

Ranger Archival ink, Jet Black

Ranger Distress inks (Hickory Smoke, Black Soot)

Ranger black embossing powder - for the camera and the bicycle

Ranger Distress markers

Ranger Distress Spray Stain (Faded Jeans, Walnut) - for the spatters

Micro Glaze for protection

Pebeo black gesso







With this card, I would like to join the Crop Stop June Link Party: Anything goes


Thank so much for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a super cool card!!! Love that background and the way you personalized it with his interest, hobbies, and vocation! Thanks for linking up to Ctopstop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!