Thursday 9 May 2019

Canvas with 3D robot

This is my first canvas with a robot, and not just a robot but with a 3D robot. For creating this little chap I used sturdy paper boxes (two different types of iPhone earpods boxes), screws, screw nuts, washers, coffee filter, plastic bottle lid and some diecuts.



In the beginning, I had no idea how to start and how this would turn out. So I just grabbed the pieces and glued them to the canvas. Except for the screws which were screwed to the paper boxes.

I covered the whole thing with a layer of black gesso.


Then I painted the paper and plastic pieces with DecoArt Americana paints and decided to sand back the metal pieces for revealing the real metal.


In the end, I mixed the DecoArt Metallic White Pearl paint with a tiny of brown colour, then I added this mixture to the paper pieces. 

The two dies I was using were: Sizzix Bigz Heartfelt and Gadget Gears by Tim Holtz.

This robot canvas will go to my nephew's room. I hope they will like it!


With my canvas, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Add Something Metallic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!