Thursday 8 August 2019

Birthday card with crazy dog and crazy bird

I didn't want to miss the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week where the theme is Happy Birthday. So I made this:


For the background, I used Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky Distress ink, then I spritzed with water. 

Next, I took the Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink and the Numbered layering stencil and stencilled some numbers.


I inked the edges with Frayed Burlap ink, then I stamped the text and the bird's outline with Jet Black Archival ink


To protect this background, I took a plastic sheet and spritzed Distress Resist Spray on it. With a piece of sponge, I dabbed the liquid onto the surface. With this technique, you can put an even layer without smudging the inks.


After drying it looks like this, a little shiny.


What I used:

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Things (CMS237)

Stampers Anonymous, Mini Bird Crazy&Things (CMS250)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Dogs (CMS271)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Talk (CMS236)

Ranger Distress ink pads (Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky, Frayed Burlap)

Ranger Distress Oxide ink pad (Faded Jeans)

Ranger Distress Resist Spray

Ranger Archival ink (Jet Black)


I hope you like it!!! Happy crafting!!!


With this card, I would like to join the August TIMI Challenge of the Craft Stamper Magazine: Anything goes


4 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, Monika! This is adorable! I love your background and how you protected the ink. And you've done an amazing job coloring those party-goers! I feel a Spotlight coming on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful creation, Monika! I love the colors, and the use of your stencil numbers! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahou ! Un très beau travail.
    je me demandais comment superposer les images sans créer des problèmes de couleur.
    Merci pour l'explication.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun design. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!