Sunday 1 September 2019

Love card with blue and yellow seahorses

Hello everyone, I have just returned from my nearly 3 weeks holiday from Nice (France) so I can show you my new project that I created for the Country View Challenges.

In June I made a love card with seahorses that my friend liked very much so she asked it for her hubby. And since our September challenge is Under the sea, I decided to make another one, a little different version.


This is a little smaller and a little different than my earlier card. And now, it's time for a tutorial.

I took a white paper and I inked the top with Cracked Pistachio and the bottom with Broken China. Then I inked the whole surface with Antique Linen. After this, I decided to give it a pearl shine so I covered it with diluted White Pearl acrylic paint.


After I embossed it with an old Sizzix embossing folder, the Swirls from the Burlap&Swirls Texture Fades set by Tim Holtz. But silly me, I put my cardstock with the wrong side into the embossing folder but actually I like it. 


After I inked the edges with Ranger Archival ink, Coffee.

The next layer was a silver paper from Tim Holtz Metallic Paper Stash 8x8 that was inked with the same Archival ink.

I used the same metallic paper to cut out a strip and to make the text. For this, I used the Sentiment Words Thinlits dies.

The seahorses (Sand&Sea Bigz die) were painted with DecoArt Americana paints (Toffee Cream-Melon, Spa Blu-Primary Blue). The edges were inked with Coffee ink. Then I took my new favourite, the Resist spray and I covered the surface of the seahorses with this magic product. It gives everything a restrained shine and protection.

The flower was from the Tropical Thinlits die set and was coloured with Abandoned Coral and Squeezed Lemonade Distress markers, then covered with Resist spray.

Not to forget to tell you, I don't spray directly to the cutouts. I spray an amount of Resist liquid to a plastic sheet or tray, then I apply it with a sponge.

The seashell (Seashells Bigz die) was painted with Light Buttermilk paint. 



What I used:

Sizzix Bigz die, Sand&Sea by Tim Holtz (659576)

Sizzix Bigz die and Texture Fades, Seashells by Tim Holtz (662706)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Tropical by Tim Holtz (661207)


Sizzix Texture Fades, Burlap&Swirls by Tim Holtz

Idea-Ology Kraft Stock, Metallic Paper Stash 8x8 by Tim Holtz

Idea-ology, Long Fasteners by Tim Holtz

DecoArt Americana paints

Ranger Distress ink pads (Cracked Pistachio, Antique Linen, Broken China)

Ranger Archival ink (Coffee)

Ranger Distress markers (Squeezed Lemonade, Abandoned Coral)




I hope you like it!

If you have a project with an Under the sea theme, please don't hesitate to join our September challenge where you can win a £20 voucher!

With my card, I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: "S" is for - seahorses and seashell

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes




8 comments:

  1. Great textures and depth, plus these sea horses are so cute... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Monika - that pearl paint is fabby - so effective! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card Monika, I do love those seahorses! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those seahorses are so cute ! Love it Monika !
    Hugs !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Monika... I love the texture

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely Monika, I've used romantic seahorses this month too - I love how they look together. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card dear Monika! I really like the reverse embossing here - I think it looks even better than the other direction here! The seahorses are amazing! I never used the resist spray, interesting to see!
    Have a wonderful September!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect card! I love that background and your seahorses are so sweet! Welcome back from that long vacation! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!