Sunday 4 August 2019

Canvas - Halloween ghost town

Let me show you my latest project, a little canvas (10x20cm) with a Halloween scene. For this, I used only Sizzix-Tim Holtz dies.


The canvas was painted with black and grey acrylic paints. My favourite technique is to add and disperse the paints with a sponge.

I cut out the houses, the tree and the little fence from black cardstock, then I heat embossed them with Black Soot embossing powder by Ranger.

Then I glued grey cardstock pieces behind the houses.

All the other elements were painted with acrylic paints. The ghosts with white, the moon with grey, the bats with black acrylic paints.


The text is stamped and white embossed onto black cardstock.

I adhered all the elements to the canvas and in the end, I put a coat of Distress Resist Spray. I did the following: I sprayed into a plastic tray and then I tapped the resist medium with a piece of sponge onto the canvas, the whole surface.

What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Frightful Things

Sizzix Thinlits die, Ghost Town

Sizzix Thinlits die, Haunted House

Sizzix On The Edge die, On The Fence

Stampers Anonymous, Pumpkinheads (CMS309)

Ranger Distress embossing powder, Black Soot

Ranger Distress Resist Spray

acrylic paints


You might ask why I applied Resist Spray on a canvas where I used acrylic paints. Acrylic paint doesn't need protection, right? Well, when I finished all the glueing, my canvas was full of tiny shiny areas, mainly around the little and delicate diceuts like tree and bets. But when I put a coat of Resist Spray, these annoying things were disappeared.


I hope you like it!!! Happy crafting!!!

P.S. I'm sorry guys, I have to boast about this. When I woke up on Monday morning and visited my Instagram page, I saw this:



What a great start of the day and the week!!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, I'm very tempted by those little houses, but I'm trying to keep my money in my pocket! Great little scene you created here, Monika.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!