Sunday 15 December 2019

New Year's card with Mr Snowman

Hello everyone, I'm here with my second project for the Stars challenge of the Country View Challenges. Along with the Christmas card with Mr Snowman, I started to make a New Year's card.


For making this card, I cut out a huge panel from watercolour paper. I painted the top with a mixture of Broken China, Picket Fence, Bundled Sage Distress paints. When it was dry, I made a starry sky using the Starry stencil and the Opaque Matte Texture Paste. But before drying I wiped off some dots and stars.

To the bottom part, I put a layer of Grit-Paste. 


I inked the edges of the panel with Vintage Photo Archival ink.

The snowman was painted with Picket Fence and Broken China Distress paints. And the edges of all the parts were inked with Hickory Smoke and Vintage Photo Archival inks.

For the wooden New Years sign, I used an old and retired Sizzix die by Tim Holtz, the Sized Arches and the Alphanumeric Label Thinlits die for the text. The sign (Sized Arch) was painted with Picket Fence and Frayed Burlap paints.


The little cardinal is painted with Festive Berries Distress paint.

What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Label

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mr Snowman

Sizzix Thinluts die, Alphanumeric 3/4

Sizzix Movers&Shapers die, Mini Cardinal&Poinsettia

Sizzix Movers&Shapers die, Sized Arches

Sizzix Bigz die, Hardware Findings - for the pole of the sign

Stampers Anonymous layering stencil, Starry

Ranger Distress Grit-Paste

Ranger Distress paints

Ranger Texture Paste, Opaque Matte

Ranger Distress Archival mini ink pads



So if you have a project with stars, please don't hesitate to join our challenge where you can win a £20 voucher!

I hope you like my new year's card!!! Thank you for stopping by!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Stars



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Monika! The grip paste looks fab for snow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Monika! Gorgeous background and motives. Very clever to use the arch die for the sign!
    I hope, you had a wonderful christmas!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!