Monday 1 June 2020

Thank you card with wildflowers

Hello crafty friends, I'm here with the first project for the June challenge of the Country View Challenges. The theme is Summer fields and the lovely Rachel will be your hostess this month.

As you can see, my summer field is filled with wildflowers.


And here I have to tell you that for this card I got the inspiration from one of my early cards. I really loved that card so I decided to repeat that design in other colours.

For making this one, I took a 300gsm watercolour paper and painted with Ranger Distress paints (Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn, Shabby Shutters, Bundled Sage).


Then I inked the edges with Ranger Distress Archival ink (Vintage Photo). Then I started to stamp the wildflowers from the Stampers Anonymous Wildflowers stamp set and heat embossed with Ranger Weathered White embossing powder.


The next step was to cut out some flowers from the Sizzix Wildflowers Thinlits die set from green textured paper and kraft paper. I arranged them on the card and glued them one by one. Then I splattered with diluted white paint.


The text is part of the Stampers Anonymous Crazy Talk stamp set. I stamped with Ranger Distress Gathered Twigs ink, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.




So if you have a project with a summer field, please don't hesitate to join our June challenge where you can win a £20 voucher.




8 comments:

  1. I’m curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be utilizing? I’m experiencing some small security problems with my latest site and I would like to find something more secure. Do you have any suggestions?
    loh e qurani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Monika ! Fun to see you used the same diecuts as I have.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wild flowers! I don't have the Thinlits you used but I do have the stencil... it'll make an appearance soon! Have a great week Monika! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Monika, such a fresh piece. Have a very happy June, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful - it has a really soft feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card using my favourite flower dies, great minds as they feature in my 2nd DT card 🥰 Happy June xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely make Monika - so beautiful! I love your colours! Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so striking! I love the white wildflowers in the background peeking through and the die cut wildflowers on top are amazing!
    Have a wonderful June!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!