Tuesday 11 August 2020

Silly monster goes on vacation

Hello crafty friends, I'm here with the second inspirational project for the August challenge of the Country View Challenges. The theme is I do like to be beside the seaside and my teamie, the lovely Christine is your hostess.


This happy monster is jumping on his suitcase because at last, he can go on holiday. His destination is one of the islands of the Caribbean sea. He was working a lot all year long and the last months were quite hard for him, you know because of the lockdown and the teleworking. But the time of desperation finished and this is the time to go to a happy place, a nice sandy beach to relax and drinking cocktails.

Now let me see if I can write a tutorial or not.

The globe was covered with Liquid Platinum embossing powder and I put a paper behind which was inked with blue Distress inks (oxides and originals).

The luggage was inked with Mustard Seed Distress ink and spritzed with water. In the end, I smeared Micro Glaze onto the coloured surface to seal them and to give the paper an interesting texture.





























The silly monster and the background of the tiny island were coloured with Distress paints. The palm tree and the island were coloured with Distress markers. 

For my favourite monster, (really, from the silly monsters he is my favourite character) I created swimming trunks by cutting off the upper body and the legs of the monster.




What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Silly Monster by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Globe by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Tiny Globe by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Bigz Die, Baggage Claim by Tim Holtz

Ranger Distress inks (oxide and original)

Ranger Distress markers

Ranger Distress paints

Ranger embossing powder (Liquid Platinum)

etc.


So if you have a project with a beach scene, please don't hesitate to join our August challenge where you can win a £20 voucher. 

With my card I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Summer Memories

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Use Your Favourite Tool (Big Shot Plus machine)


2 comments:

  1. I would love to join your monster on his tropical holidays... He is bound to make a splash! Great card, Monika. Have a great Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Monika, such fun! Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!