Tuesday 28 September 2021

Halloween card with Pumpkin Patch by Tim Holtz

Let me show you my latest make, a Halloween card that I created with one of the new Tim Holtz's Halloween die sets, the Pumpkin Patch.


First I assembled the pumpkins. For this, I cut out all the pieces from watercolour papers, then I started to colour them with Distress inks. The first piece with Mustard Seed.



The second layer with Ripe Persimmon.

And the third layer with Carved Pumpkin.


Then I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs.


And I coloured the first layer of the stems with Peeled Paint.


I used the Peeled Paint for the second layer as well.


But for the third or top layer, I used Bundled Sage.


Then I glued them together. Here is a video tutorial about how to assemble the Pumpkin Patch. The most important thing! First the stems and just after the main body.


I wanted the middle of the eyes lighter, so I coloured them with Faber-Castell Ivory Polychromos pencils. Also the mouth.


Then I created a background with inks but I decided to cover it with paints because I wanted deeper more intense colours. Here, in the picture you can see the first background with inks.


The ground was painted with Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain.


The sky was coloured with Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans and Stormy Sky.


The moon with Picket Fence. In the end I added clouds with diluted Hickory Smoke.


When I was ready with this, I decided to spatter the background and the tree with gold paint.




What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits Colorize die, Pumpkin Patch

Sizzix Bigz die Branch Tree

Stampers Anonymous, Pumpkinhead (CMS309)

Ranger Distress paints (Bundled Sage, Gathered Twigs, Faded Jeans, Hickory Smoke, Picket Fence, Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Walnut Stain)

Ranger Distress inks (Bundled Sage, Carved Pumpkin, Gathered Twigs, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Ripe Persimon)

Ranger black embossing powder

Ranger Distress embossing ink

gold acrylic paint

etc.





I hope you like it! Thank you for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!