Thursday 30 September 2021

Halloween party - card with dies by Tim Holtz

Here is my Halloween party where Miss Witch, Count Dracula, Mr Frankenstein, Mr Skeleton are among the invited guests. And I needed nothing else to create this scene, just Sizzix dies by Tim Holtz and Ranger inks by Tim Holtz.


Here is how I created this with some photos.

I cut out the figures from black cardstock and arranged them on a watercolour paper panel.


I blended Distress Oxide inks (Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Black Soot) on the surface.


I inked the edges with Black Soot Distress ink.

Then I started to glue the cut-outs on the surface. But something happened with my perfectly inked background above the letter A so I decided to spritz the whole surface with water. And when it was dry, I also added tiny black paint spatters.


And it was not enough for me, I wanted to add some shine so I covered the whole surface with Schmincke Acrylic Fluid Medium. I'm sure you can reach the same result with Glossy Accents but for me in Luxembourg it's easier to purchase the German products :-)

What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Toil&Trouble

Sizzix Thinlits die, Frightful Things

Sizzix Thinlits die, Ghoulish

Sizzix Sizzlits Strip die, Spooktacular Alphabet

Ranger Distress Oxide inks (Black Soot, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron)

Ranger Distress ink (Black Soot)

Ranger Distress paint (Black Soot)

etc.


I hope you like it! Thank you for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!