Saturday 19 February 2022

Love card with The Park die set by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, I'm here with my second project for our February challenge, Hearts and Flowers. For making this card, I used my first Hearts and Flowers project as inspiration. They are very similar, but of course there are some differences. Here is the new one:


I started by taking a 300 gsm watercolour paper and stamped on it with the rose background stamp. For this, I used embossing ink. Then I heat embossed it with Weathered White embossing powder.


Then I blended Stormy Sky Distress ink onto the surface. 


I cut off the unwanted (not stamped) parts from this rectangle panel. Then I inked the edges with Black Soot Distress ink.


The figures were cut out from thick black cardstock two times. I glued grey paper behind the black figures to cover the open parts.

The text is a quote from Mary Poppins. Mary said this to Bert in the cartoon scene when they were singing the Jolly Holiday song: Gentlemen like you are few. I printed the text using my Dymo Label Maker.

This time, I used only one heart, but this was red to pop out from the background.

I also added a silver strip to the bottom. It was painted with silver paint.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, The Park by Tim Holtz (665204)

Sizzix Bigz die, Heartfelt by Tim Holtz (660233)

Sizzix Impresslits embossing folder, Star Trim (663297)

Stampers Anonymous, Vines&Roses by Tim Holtz (CMS298)

Ranger Distress inks (Stormy Sky, Black Soot)

Ranger embossing powder (Weathered White)

Ranger Distress embossing ink

etc.


Here you can see the differences between the two cards.


So if you have a project with hearts and flowers, please don't hesitate to join our January challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher in the Country View Crafts online shop.

With my card, I would like to join the challenge of The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog: Funkie Frilly Valentines

8 comments:

  1. Both versions are wonderful, Monika! Have a great Sunday! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m a total sucker for anything red, white, and blue, yet you had me with the heart & the die cut characters from the get-go! I love, love, love the way you used the TH die here, & it’s whimsical look gives the Valentine message so BEAUTIFULLY!! (You’ve got me anxious to add it to my tools, soon!)
    Thanks so much for sharing both versions of your AWESOME make & especially the one chosen for entry in The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the embossed flowers in the background. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge! ~Janna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to use those silhouettes dies! Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along in the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the silhouettes! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "non-typical" Valentine color scheme. Great cards! Thank you for joining us at the Funkie Junkie Valentine challenge. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a charming card Monika! I love the striking silhouette. I had hoped to pull out the Christmas carolers this December, but never got around to it. You've made me want to do so even if it's February! :) xx, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous Monika, I love how you've gone with the blue background, it looks stunning! Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!