Friday 13 May 2022

Wedding card with a layered cake

Hello everyone, I would like to show you the wedding card that I made for one of my friends who will be attending a wedding in July. I immediately started to make the card when she asked and I started to make two versions. She chose this one, so I show you this first.



The background was made with one of the Vines&Roses stamps by Tim Holtz. I heat embossed the stamped image with Vintage Pearl embossing powder. I wanted to make this card elegant, so the the gold seemed a good option but there are many shades of gold! In the end, I found the DecoArt Metallics, Glorious Gold to be the best for the pearl roses. 


By the way, there is an earlier version of this card, you can see that here.

Well, the cake is a discontinued Sizzix die, Layered Cake by Brenda Walton, but I rounded the upper edges of the cake layers.

The numbers are from the Captions Numbers die set by My Favorite Things. 

For the letters I used a Sizzix die, Alphanumeric 3/4" by Tim Holtz.

I inked the edges of the white papers with Kraft colour ink by My Favorite Things.

The patterned papers are First Edition papers, I just loved the First Edition earlier designs.



I hope you like it! Thank you for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!