Tuesday 25 October 2022

Halloween decoration - rosette with Tim Holtz's stamps

Hello everyone, I would like to show you a simple Halloween ornament that I made as a second inspirational project for our Harvest or Halloween challenge on the Country View Challenges blog.



For this, first I took a watercolour paper and cut out a circle with the Sizzix Thinlits die, Stitched Circles by Tim Holtz (662229). Then I stamped the owl in the middle from the Regions Beyond stamp set (CMS274). For this I used black Archival ink.


Then I masked the owl and stamped the text from the Reflections stamp set (CMS 111) with brown Archival ink on the circle.


I covered the whole surface with watered Antique Linen Distress ink, then inked the edge with Frayed Burlap ink.

I cut out a one size bigger circle with a stitched circle die, but I found it too big and I cut off the stitched part. Since I couldn't cut it evenly, I distressed the edge with a knife.

Then I stamped on an orange paper with the dots background stamp from the Dots&Floral stamp set (CMS220). I cut ot a scalloped circle with a Sizzix die (657552). I inked the edge with Ground Espresso ink.


Then I took a patterned paper from a First Edition paper pad and cut out four pieces with the retired Sizzix Bigz die, Snowflake Medallions by Brenda Walton (658739).

I assembled them using simple glue and hot glue in the end. if you don't know how to put together a rosette you can watch this video.




So if you have an autumnal or Halloween themed project, please don't hesitate to join our October challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher in the Country View Craft Shop.

Wit my project, I would like to join the SIMON SAYS STAMP Monday Challenge: Home Decor



2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Monika, just perfect for Halloween. I could never get these rosettes to work for me lol. Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea Monika! And I love the owl.. not scary, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!