Thursday 17 November 2022

Small turquoise tag with Harvey by Tim Holtz

I'm here with my second project that I made for our November challenge on the Country View Challenges blog. The theme is Tag Only and the lovely Jo is your hostess in this month. This tag is another version of my first Harvey project. Earlier I put Harvey on a blue tag, but I wanted to play with colours and wanted to find out what colours is good with the gold and white Harvey. So here is my tag with Salvaged Patina background.




Since I really liked the knitted background of my first tag, I stuck with that background for this tag as well. But I changed the colour because I knew that turquoise and gold look good together. This is why I chose the Salvaged Patina.

Here you can see, how I made the background.


I used the middle sized tag from the tag collection Framelits die set by Tim Holtz. I cut out tree tags, 2 tags from white watercolour paper and one from blue card stock. I wanted a sturdy tag, so I made a sandwich with the blue in the middle. 



Before I glued them together, I embossed one of the turquoise tags and inked the edges of both painted tags. If you use paints, you rather use Archival inks for inking. Then I glued them together.


For some interest, I added some white splatters. 

If you want to know, how I assembled my Harvey, then you can have two earlier tutorials here and here


I also wanted to show you with this tag how perfect the size is, and thus the backside, so that you can stamp one of the Bold Tidings Mini texts there.


What I used:

Sizzix Framelits die, Tag Collection (658784)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Harvey Colorize (666066)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mini Christmas Things (662418)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Swirling Stars (663095)

Sizzix embossing folder, Holiday Knit (661366)

Stampers Anonymous, Bold Tidings Mini (CMS440)

Ranger Distress paint (Salvaged Patina, Picket Fence)

Ranger embossing powder (Princess Gold)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Vintage Photo)

Schmincke Aqua Bronze (Rich Gold)

DecoArt Americana paint (Natural Buff)

etc.



So if you have a project on tag, please don't hesitate to join our November challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher in the Country View Craft Shop.

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous Monika, you make this type of thing beautifully! (your patience amazes me lol) take care, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous tag! I love your design and the turquoise looks amazing with the gold and white, the sentiment on the back is a lovely surprise too - perfect 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!