Tuesday 10 January 2023

Twig and Stump having a birthday party

Three very important women in my life have birthdays in January, and they are all January Capricorns (if you believe in astrology). My favourite grandmother was born on January 7 (yes, that's Tim's birthday too), my sister on January 11 and my daughter on January 16. Sadly, my grandmother is no longer with us, but I still have to special someone to make birthday cards for. This card is for my sister.



I cut out a rectangle panel from 300 gsm watercolour paper. I painted the top two thirds blue with Speckled Egg. I didn't paint the bottom white, I just left it as it was, because it was easier to stamp the text on. I inked the edges with Hickory Smoke Archival ink, I also added Ground Espresso to the upper part. 


I used coloured paper for all my cutouts, and depending on how dark the paper was I used lighter or darker ink for the edges. So I used Pumice Stone and Vintage Photo. Pumice Stone is for the white papers mostly. 



The text was stamped with embossing ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Twig&Stump (666072)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Bunny Games (665850)

Sizzix Sidekick Side-Order die, Birthday (662703)

Stampers Anonymous, Tiny Text (CMS394)

Ranger Distress paint (Speckled Egg)

Ranger Distress ink (Hickory Smoke, Vintage Photo, Tumbled Glass)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Hickory Smoke, Ground Espresso)

embossing powder (black)

tiny half pearls

etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!