Thursday 1 June 2023

Birthday card with Harrison, the lion king

Hello everyone, I just finished this card that I made for the partner of my sister. He was born at the end of July, so according the horoscope he is a lion. This is why I made him this card with Harrison. 



I cut out a 14x14 cms base panel from a brown paper. It's not that one you see on the card. This panel is hidden, and I just used it to overlay the sky part and the grassy bottom part.

To the surface of the sky part I blended Salvaged Patina and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks. First I spritzed with water, then, when it was dry, I spattered with Stormy Sky Distress ink. For this latter, I used a drop from the re-inker.

The grass part was made with Bundled Sage and just a little Mowed Lawn Oxide inks. Here I did the same. First I spritzed with water, then spattered with Mowed Lawn re-inker (not Oxide). And for having grassy edges, I cut the top with the Deckle Trimmer.



The edges of the sky part and the grassy part was inked with Gathered Twigs ink.

The sun was coloured with Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed inks with a little brown at the edges.

Harrison was cut out from brown papers. 

The crown was painted with Schmincke Rich Gold paint.

The text was stamped directly to the grass part and I heat embossed with black embossing powder.

And one more thing... In the end I covered everything with Micro Glaze which enhanced the colours. Harrison became darker too. But I wanted to give my card a protection.




What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Colorize, Harrison (665218)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Circle Play (663868)

Sizzix Movers&Shapers, Mini Crown&Fleur (657210)

Stampers Anonymous, Tiny Text (CMS394)

Ranger Distress Oxide inks (Bundled Sage, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass, Salvaged Patina)

Ranger Distress inks (Stormy Sky, Mowed Lawn, Gathered Twigs, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed)

Ranger Distress embossing powder (Black Super Fine)

Tonic Studios, Deckle Torn Edge Trimmer 

etc.




With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Sun, Moon, Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!