Tuesday 6 June 2023

Birthday card with Rupert, the dragon

Here is a birthday card that I made for a one year old little boy, William. One of his family members asked me to make a card for him. Since this family member liked my previous card with Rupert, she wanted to have him on William's card. But she asked one more thing, to have a Scottish background, because William is a Scottish little boy.



As you can see I chose a Scottish tartan paper for the background. I have found it in "A Christmas Story" 8x8" paper pad by First Edition. Unfortunately, this paper pad is discontinued.

Rupert was made exactly the same way like my earlier card. There you can find the tutorial. 

For the William strip, I used the My Favorite Things Bitty Banner Alphabet dies. With this I got the perfect size letters.

The strip was coloured with Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard seed at the edges, just like the balloon.

For the hat and the gift box, I used yellow and purple cardstocks. 

For the Happy Birthday text, I used again a My Favourite Things product, the Bitty Birthday Wishes. And it was heat embossed with white embossing powder on black cardstock.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Rupert Colorize (665361)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mini Christmas Things (662418)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Celebrate Colorize (666285)

Sizzix Sidekick, Birthday Side-Order (662703)

Sizzix Bigz die, Crescent Moon&Stars (658716)

MFT, Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set

MFT, Bitty Banner Alphabet Die-Namics

First Edition paper pad, A Christmas Story 8x8"

Ranger Distress ink pads (Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed)

Ranger embossing powder, White Super Fine

etc.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!