Thursday 11 May 2023

Thank you card with Blossom by Tim Holtz

Let me show my latest make, a thank you card that I made with Tim Holtz's new die set, the Blossom.



Last month, I made another thank you card using the same die, but that flower was yellow and I placed it on a striped background. You can find it here

And here is the tutorial.

After I blended Broken China Distress Oxide ink to the surface, I placed the Linen stencil on the paper and spritzed with Stormy Sky Spray Stain. After a few seconds, I used a paper towel to soak up the excess.


When it was completely dry, I started to stamp on the background with different stamps. For this I used the Black Soot Archival ink.


I inked the edges with Ground Espresso ink and splattered with white paint.



The flower was cut out from 300 gsm watercolour paper and I coloured with Kitsch Flamingo and Seedless Preserves inks. I mixed these colours a little. For the centre pieces, I used Mustard Seed, Fossilised Amber and Walnut Stain.



What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Blossom (666283)

Stampers Anonymous, Toadstool (CMS377)

Stampers Anonymous, Shabby French (CMS087)

Stampers Anonymous, Paris To London (CMS160)

Stampers Anonymous, Odds&Ends (CMS100)

Stampers Anonymous, Postcards (CMS099)

Stampers Anonymous, Reflections (CMS111)

Stampers Anonymous, Linen stencil (THS061)

Ranger Distress inks and Oxide inks, Spray Stains

Ranger white embossing powder

etc.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!