Saturday 5 October 2019

Umbrella man with black and white bokeh background

I made this card as a second inspirational project for our October challenge, called Bokeh. And this month the lovely Sue will be your hostess. 

This time I chose an old but one of my favourite Bigz dies, the Umbrella Man. And I created a black and white bokeh background for him.


And now I show you how I made this bokeh background. 

I took a 300gsm watercolour paper and inked with Hickory Smoke and Black Soot Distress inks. Then, to fix these colours I blended Watering Can and Jet Black Archival ink, but you can use Tim's Archival inks because the Black Soot and the Hickory smoke exist in Archival ink as well.


Then I used a handmade stencil (I cut out circles into a plastic sheet) and sponged Picket Fence ink through the circles.


I smeared more ink through the smaller circles to achieve a nice bokeh effect.


I sprayed my background with a fixative, then I cut out the Umbrella Man from black cardstock and adhered to the card. I also added a text from Tim's sticker book.


So if you like the bokeh technique, please join our October challenge where you can win a £20 voucher of the Country View Challenges. 


5 comments:

  1. Brilliant make, Monika, it has a certain psychedelic vibe to it and keeps you looking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tute and great background for a silhouette! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Monika, I love how you've used the Umberella Man, he looks perfect here! Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant, Monika! The Umbrella Man looks always fabulous.
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Thanks for showing the bokeh technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!