Friday 5 March 2021

Birthday card with Harrison - red stripes

Hello again, I'm here with a new Harrison card. After I finished the card with the blue striped background, I wanted to make another one with red stripes. 


Here you can hop to my earlier blog post with Harrison and the blue stripes. And if you click there you will see that I changed not just the colours but the "how" too.

For making the stripes, I used again washi tape but instead of Archival ink, here I used Distress paint (Candied Apple).


Then I chose one of the stars from the Sizzix Bigz Crescent Moon&Stars die. And I cut out plenty from that. This one:


And I started to glue them on the stripes. For this I used the Star Shifter stencil as a ruler, to know where to place the next star. I'm not left handed, this is just for the photo, as the iPhone was in my right hand :-D


When I was ready with the background, I spattered the surface with diluted Antique Linen ink and I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Archival ink.


For the gift box, I used the Baggage Claim Bigz die and I coloured the base with Chipped Sapphire Oxide ink. I inked the edges with Ground Espresso. Later I spattered with Picket Fence paint and with a fine flat brush because I wanted tiny spatters.


The top was coloured with Broken China Oxide ink and for the edges I used Vintage Photo.


The "ribbon" of the box was coloured with Fossilized Amber.


What I used:

Sizzix Bigz die, Crescent Moon&Stars

Sizzix Bigz die, Baggage Claim

Sizzix Thinlits die, Harrison Colorize

Sizzix Thinlits die, Winter Wardrobe (for the hat)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Circle Play

Sizzix Thinlits die, Cool Yule (for the bow tie)

Ranger Distress paint (Candied Apple)

Ranger Distress Oxide ink pads (Chipped Sapphire, Broken China)

Ranger Distress ink pads (Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso)

Ranger Distress Archival ink pad (Vintage Photo)

Ranger Distress marker (Fossilized Amber)

Idea-ology Botanical Remnant Rubs

card stocks (different shade of browns, black)


I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!