Friday 5 November 2021

Slimline card with Woodland Santa by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, I've had Tim's Santa for a while now but this is the first time I've made a card with it. A slimline card to be precise. 


And here is my tutorial. 

I cut out a rectangle about 9,5x20 cm from 300 gsm watercolour paper. I painted the top two thirds blue with Stormy Sky Distress paint and I added Schmincke modelling paste to the bottom with a palette knife.


When it was totally dry, I inked the edges with Distress Archival inks. I used Hickory Smoke and Vintage Photo for the bottom and Black Soot and Ground Espresso for the sky.


Then I spattered with Picket Fence Distress paint.


When it was dry, I glued the Santa on the panel.


For assembling Santa I used this video. The only difference that I put the trunk behind the tree and I added a light red strip instead of white on Santa's bottom. 

Then I added more white dots with a white gelly pen.

The text is from the Idea-Ology Christmas Quote Chips but I removed a bunch of layers to make it flatter. I stapled this on with a staple gun.


With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Any Holiday Occasion

Thank you for stopping by!!! Happy crafting!!!





2 comments:

  1. I made my version of your card. I didn't use modeling paste, I used shimmer paper for the snow. Had lots of fun putting the Santa together. I will post a pic in Addicts. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!