Monday 1 November 2021

Pocket watch Christmas ornament with Santa by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, it's already November so it's time to start a new challenge over at the Country View Challenges. The new challenge theme is Christmas gifting and the lovely Miriam will be your hostess this month. For this challenge, I created a Christmas ornament, of which there is an earlier version. A few years ago, I have made a similar Christmas ornament with Tim's Pocket Watch Movers&Shapers die. You can see it here.

And voilà the new one.




And since I didn't added a tutorial for the earlier decoration, I'm making up for this shortcoming. 


I cut out a pocket watch shape from silver glitter paper. This will be the back side of my watch.



Then I cut out a circle shape from Neenah Solar White paper with one of the Sizzix Framelits dies. From the 657551 set, one almost perfectly fits in the pocket watch. Then I stamped the Santa image with Tsukineko Memento Espresso Truffle ink. I coloured the image and the background with Copic Sketch Markers. 






Then I cut out another pocket watch shape from grey cardstock, but this time I fussy cut the inner circle of the watch with scissors. It was easy because of the score line.



I glued this to the first cut-out.



Then I coloured the edges with brown alcohol ink.



The next step was to glue the image with Santa into the watch.



Then I traced around the line of the used die on an acetate and cut it out with scissors. 



I glued the acetate on the watch covering the coloured image.





Then I added many layers of of the frames only. The next layers were cut out from chipboards.



The last layer was a glitter paper cut-out.



Now it was time to decorate the watch with greens and a star.



The edge of every cut-out was inked with Vintage Photo Archival ink.



The little baubles were attached with hot glue gun. 




And not forgetting the back side where I added a glittery Merry Christmas text.



What I used:

Stampers Anonymous, Vintage Holidays (CMS423)


Sizzix Movers&Shapers die, Pocket Watch Frame (658571)


Sizzix Bigz die, Crescent Moon&Stars (658716)


Sizzix Framelits die, Circle


Sizzix Thinlits die, Holiday Greens (658759)


Sizzix Thinlits die, Pine Branch (664228)


Sizzix Thinlits die, Home For The Holidays (662419)


Idea-Ology Baubles




If you have a Christmas project which is not a card and would be a good gift please don't hesitate jo join our November challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher in the Country View Crafts online shop.



Since it's a gift I think it can fit the SSS Monday Challenge: Thinking of You.




8 comments:

  1. Clever use of the watch shape!
    Happy November! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely Monika. Happy November xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a gorgeous Christmas ornament! I love the traditional feel with the shimmer and shine of the surround - perfect 😀. Wishing you a Happy November! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous Monika, such a beautiful vintage piece. Take care and have a great month, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ornaments - the old one as well as the new one! Perfectly colored image and I like the acetate on top.
    Have a wonderful November!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fabulous. Great project

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Monika! Have a great November ! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!