Thursday 27 January 2022

Birthday card with Theodore by Tim Holtz

Actually it's not a birthday card but a name-day card. I made this for my nephew, Mátyás whose nickname is Matyi. 


This is not the first striped background that I have made with washi tape. Here you can see a blue with ink, and here is the red one with paint. 

So I took a piece of watercolour paper and I put washi tape on it at equal distances. Then I painted the uncovered parts with Prize Ribbon paint.


When it was dry I washed the whole surface with diluted Frayed Burlap re-inker.


I inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress ink.


For an earlier project I created wood embossed stripes so I used them to make a stand for Theodore. I could also put my nephew's name on this strip. But I'm sure I used Tim's 3D texture fades (embossing folders) for making the strips. 


All other elements were cut out from coloured papers.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Colorize, Theodore by Tim Holtz (664410)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Friendship Words, Script by Tim Holtz (660225)

Sizzix Bigz die, Crescent Moon&Stars by Tim Holtz (658716)

Sizzix Sidekick Side-Order, Birthday by Tim Holtz (662703)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Labels by Tim Holtz (664177)

Sizzix 3D Texture Fades, Lumber by Tim Holtz (662718)

Ranger Distress paint, Prize Ribbon

Ranger Distress reinker, Frayed Burlap

Ranger Distress Mini ink, Walnut Stain

etc.




With my card, I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Furry Friends

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!