Friday 26 August 2022

Birthday card with Rupert by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, I'm back from a long holiday and here is my first project. I made a birthday card with Rupert, the dragon. I have had this die set  for a while but it remained untouched. Now I thought he deserved a birthday card.



I cut out all the main elements of Rupert from white watercolour paper then I painted with acrylic paints. Here you can see the DecoArt paints I used. Then I added pearls shine to the cutouts (DecoArt Rayher Perlschimmer). For the eyes, I used Nuvo Black Crystal Drops.


I found the hat die in a Sidekick Side-Order set, called Birthday. The birthday gift is from a Sizzix Christmas set and I had to cut it a little smaller. And the balloon was in the Circle Play die set. I cut out the elements from yellow and purple papers. The balloon is attached to Rupert's tail with a thread.


My goal was to give a background to Rupert which will emphasise him. So in the end I decided to choose a white background with embossed roses on it. And why roses? Because in Hungary there is a famous dragon, Süsü who's best friend is the little prince and who wanted to be a rosebud because then the butterflies would fly on him. He adored the butterflies. He was a very gentle dragon and I assume Rupert is a kind spirit too.

The text is from one of my favourite stamp sets, because I use the Crazy Talk a lot. I stamped the texts on black card with embossing ink, then I heat embossed with Super Fine white embossing powder. Don't forget to use the Ranger Anti-Static pouch!



What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Rupert Colorize  (665361)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mini Christmas Things (662418)

Sizzix Sidekick Side-Order die, Birthday (662703)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Circle Play (663868)

Stampers Anonymous, Roses stencil (THS075)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Talk (CMS236)

Ranger embossing powder (Weathered White, White Super Fine)

DecoArt Americana paints (Forest Green, Sea Aqua, Foliage Green)




With this card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Mixed Media


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!