Friday 13 August 2021

Mononchormatic - Harrison in black and white

Hello everyone, I'm here with my second post for our August,  Monochromatic challenge. This time I chose my old designs as inspiration, two colourful birthday cards with Harrison. One is here, and the other is here. But of course, I did some changes.


Here, I took a 300gsm watercolour paper and painted it grey. For this, I used mostly Hickory Smoke paint and a tiny bit of Pumice Stone. When it was dry, I dabbed watered Picket Fence to the surface.


Then I made stripes using the Shifter Stripes layering stencil and Hickory Smoke Archival ink.


Harrison and all die-cuts were made with different shades of grey cardstocks. 

What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Harrison Colorize

Sizzix Thinlits die, Circle Play

Sizzix Bigz die, Crescent Moon

Sizzix Bigz die, Baggage Claim

Stampers Anonymous, Shifter Stripe layering stencil

Ranger Distress Archival inks (Hickory Smoke, Black Soot)

Ranger Distress paints (Picket Fence, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke)

Idea-Ology Botanical Remnant Rubs



If you have a monochrome project, please don't hesitate jo join our August challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher in the Country View Crafts online shop.


3 comments:

  1. Great make Monika! Harrison looks so elegant in grey... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such an amazing make! I love the grey monochromatic design and how you use the Harrison die cut - perfect 😀. Thanks so much for the inspiration and wishing you a happy August! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Monika, Harrison looks wonderful in these colours! Take care and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!