Sunday 1 November 2015

Tim Holtz winter tag with a blue crazy bird - Baby, it's cold outside

Etiquette hiver avec le Crazy Bird par Tim Holtz


For the November challenge of the Country View Challenges blog I made a blue tag hence the theme is: THE COLOUR BLUE.









And here is my step by step tutorial:


1. I cut out three tags, one from a white and two from a light blue cardstock with the Sizzix Movers&Shapers Tag Die by Tim Holtz (656938).

2. I embossed the blue cardstocks with Sizzix Embossing Folder, Tim Holtz Snowflake Pattern (658779).







3. I glued the blue cardstocks onto the white one.

4. I coloured the edges with Ranger Distress Paint, Picket Fence.








5. I smeared some white glitter liner with a brush on my tag.








6. With modelling paste I made a snowy part on my tag and tapped some fake snow onto the modelling paste.























7. To fasten the snow I put some acrylic medium on the snowy part.


8. I stamped a bird with using Tim Holtz Crazy Bird Stamp and coloured with watercolour pencils. 







9. To strenghten the bird I cut out an other shape from blue cardstock and I glued them together.







10. I cut out a branch with Sizzix Bigz Die, Bird Branch by Tim Holtz (657833) from a chipboard.







11. I painted brown with acrylic paint.







12. I smeared some Picket Fence onto the edges.







13. I put a layer of Distress Crackle Paint (Clear Rock Candy) on the branch.






14. When it was dry I put some white glitter liner to the top part of the branch with some fake snow.






15. I printed the title of one of my favourite Christmas songs and I cut it out with the label die of the set of Sizzix Framelits Ornaments by Hero Arts (658277).


16. I glued all the elements onto the tag.








My bird looks so desperate in her blue hat, I can really imagine that she is freezing outside.









What I used:










Ranger Distress Picket Fence Paint Dabber

Ranger Distress Crackle Paint Cler Rock Candy

Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer Watercolour Pencils

Ranger Distress Markers

Marabu Glitter Liner

ribbon

Amsterdam modelling paste

fake snowflake/fine snowflake




9 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous tag and a great instruction on how it was made.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. super tag Monika - love the snowy effect - brilliant! Big hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the textured snowflakes in the background and fabulous crackly branch, and the tiny crazy bluebird looks adorable!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag and such a great frosty feel to it. Your little crazy bluebird looks quite frozen! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic - I definitely appreciate your tutorial!!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christmas in non traditional colours and this is a wonderful example! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christmas in non traditional colours and this is a wonderful example! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant Monika, I love these birds! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Tag Monika the snowflakes look fab and your bird is just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!