Friday 8 May 2015

Mixed media canvas - At the beach

Here I am again with my latest mixed media canvas: At the beach.

I had long wished to make a canvas about beach with beach huts. And now here it is one! 

This picture was inspired by my other picture of street with houses and cars. 

With this canvas I would like to participate in a challenge at the Country View Crafts Blog: Simply Scenic.








Most of the elements were cut out with dies, except the umbrella, the rays of the sun and the roofs of the huts.







I was lucky because I had "Sand" paint at home which contains fine grains so my sandy beach looks quite realistic.





























What I used:

Sizzix Sizzlits Die, Jessie&Tucker (654436) - I used this for the girl with dog

Sizzix Sizzlits Die, Chloe on the Phone (656507) - I used this for the other girl

Sizzix for Stampin' Up! embossing folder, Stripes - I embossed the huts and the beach towel with this

Sizzix Framelits Die and Stamp Set, Kites by Stephanie Barnard (657581) - I used this for the bigger and puffier clouds

Memory Box Die, Puffy Clouds (98172) - I used this for the smaller clouds


Memory Box Die, Alphabet: Lower Case

Sizzix Framelits Die, Rectangles (658610) - I used this for the huts, the doors and the towels




Signature Die, seagulls (SD232) - I used this for making the seagulls

Signature Die, deck chair (SD186) - I used this for making the chair

stretched canvas (30x50 cm)

Ranger Distress inks and markers - I coloured the houses, the umbrella, the chair, the towel and the girls 

acrylic paints


acrylic medium


modelling paste


StazOn ink - I used this for stamping the hot air balloon

1 comment:

  1. Hello Monika,
    This brings back memories of when I went to my local beach as a child and we saw all the cabins in bright colours. Great mixed media canvas creating a beach scene.
    Thank so much for joining us this month at Country View Crafts.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!