Thursday 2 July 2015

Thank you tag with Mimi of Penny Black Stamp

Tomorrow would be the last day at school for my daughter but because of the hot weather the head of school offered us to keep our children at home.

It means I can't give my "thank you" tag for the maitresse tomorrow as I planned. So this morning I have done my tag quickly.


This one:







Since my iPhone was with me I could take photos of every new step I had made.



Now let's see the step by step pictures:


I cut out a tag, then I covered it with torn printed papers. I wanted to make a patchwork background.







Then I sanded the edges with a sandpaper.






I rubbed the edges and the meeting lines of the torn papers with a sponge and with the Ranger Distress Tea Dye colour.







Then I gessoed the whole surface.







I stamped Mimi on a white cardstock with a StazOn ink (Timber Brown). My stamping (the hat actually) wasn't perfect but I was in a hurry so I left it like this. 








I coloured Mimi with Ranger Distress markers and Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer Watercolour pencils. I rubbed Mimi with Micro Glaze to protect the colours. After I cut out Mimi with scissors.








I cut out a frame with Tim Holtz Trellis Framework Die and I coloured with Ranger Distress Evergreen Bough.







I put Ranger Distress Tea Dye ink to the edges, then I glued it on the tag.








I cut out the "Thanks" word.








I cut out the 3D flowers, I rolled them up and glued them with hot glue.













I put a little white chalk ink to the edges of the flowers.









Then I glued all the elements of the tag.








In the end I put a ribbon and that's it!








The back side looks like this:








What I used:






Penny Black Stamp, Bonjour Mimi

gesso

Ranger Distress inks by Tim Holtz

Ranger Distress markers by Tim Holtz

Faber-Castell, Albrecht Dürer watercolour pencils

chipboard, printed paper

ribbon

Micro Glaze







My other cards with Mimi of the Penny Black Stamp:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!