Tuesday 2 February 2016

Valentine's Day heart banner

First of all, thank you for your lovely comments you have sent me for my umbrella man canvas. Your kind words meant a lot to me.

And now here is my Valentine-banner... I don't know really that it is a banner or rather a garland... but anyway, I wanted to make home decor for Valentine's Day. I wanted hearts, I wanted red and I wanted some sparkles. So the result is here:






And now, I will tell you how I made this.


I cut out four hearts from chipboard with using the Sizzix heart shape dies that way you see in the picture.








I painted them red with acrylic paint - both sides!








Then I smeared some glitter liner with a brush on both sides too.







After drying I run them through the Sizzix machine between a floral embossing folder. Inked the edges with some brown ink.







I covered with acrylic medium.


Then I cut out the letters and covered with glitter liner.


And of course I cut out flowers from pink and red cardstocks. Inked the edges with Ranger Gathered Twigs. Onto the flowers I put a touch of glitter liner, rhinestones in the middles and acrylic medium in the end.
















What I used:


Sizzix Framelits Die, Hearts by Stephanie Barnard (657574)




red acrylic paint

Marabu Glitter Liners

Schmicke Acrylic Medium



1 comment:

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!