Thursday 24 March 2016

Mushroom houses and gnomes with coffee

When I first saw the mushroom houses of the Stampendous I knew at once that I wanted them. It was love at the first sight.  

And the same happened with me when I caught sight the gnomes (or elves) Buddy and Jolly of the Stamping Bella.

From these stamps I imagined a picture with two cute gnomes who just come out from their home to drink a coffee together early in the morning because "coffee and friends make the perfect blend".









I can show you some photos of the making.



Here is the gessoed A4 chipboard.






I drew the outlines of the die-cut houses and stamped the elves.






I stamped the windows and doors of the houses.






I covered the images with papers. I adhered the cover papers with cellotapes. 






With a sponge I tapped acrylic paints (different greens and turquoises) on the surface.








After I started to stamp the greens with archival inks, then I coloured the images.















What I used:




PaperArtsy, Eclectica Kay Carley EKC01,EKC02


acrylic paints

Ranger Distress markers

Ranger Archival inks (jet balck, olive, coffee)

Copic Sketch markers

gesso

chipboard (A4)

Schmincke acrylic ink pen


wire








With this project I would like to join the Monday Challenge of the Simon Says Stamp: FOOD AND/OR DRINK





4 comments:

  1. beautiful work - I love these mushroom houses too - fantastic!!! Big hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Monika, love your mix of stamps to create this happy little scene - very clever.
    Happy Easter.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to pop back Monika and thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment on my DecoArt news, I so appreciated it and to say Happy Easter (again).
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweet scene that you've created on this fun card and I adore the colours, it's really fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!