Friday 10 February 2017

Wand box alteration - Luna Lovegood's wand

Let me show you my latest make, an altered wand box. For Christmas my daughter got a Luna Lovegood wand from the Santa. But since Santa didn't want to spend a lot of money he ordered the wand from China ;-) The wand in the box was a perfect replica, it was made from resin (the same material you can have in the official shops) but the the box was a bit cheap-looking with a huge Made in China logo, though a sturdy one.

So here is what I made:




And here is how it looked like before:





I altered it the same way how I prepared my wooden cheese box in November. But there were two exceptions: 1. here I  used black DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish paint and 2. I used black crepe paper instead of napkin paper.


Here are some photos about the process:











Here is my magical wand box in Luna's style :-)










It was a real success!!! I can't tell you how my daughter loved it!!! Yippee!!!


For this I used two dies from Tim Holtz:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!