Friday 5 May 2017

Tim Holtz Sea life - Wooden box with sea creatures

I was so happy when Tim's new stamp set, the Sea Life arrived to me lately. And since I am very much into making boxes I put Tim's creatures on the top of my box.





The poplar box (20cm diameter) was painted dark brown with acrylic paint then I added a coat of Decoart Americana Chalky Finish crackle medium. I left it to dry then I put a layer of DecoArt Americana White Wash paint. With this crackle medium you get nice fine crackles and not huge crackles like with the DecoArt Weathered Wood crackle medium.




I stamped the creatures with Ranger Distress Black Soot ink and it was very useful when my stamped image was accidentally blurry, I just wiped off with a wet paper towel. 

After stamping I sprinkled Ranger black embossing powder over the images and melted the powder.

I coloured with Ranger Archival inks the top.

I painted with DecoArt Americana Uniform Blue the bottom.

I spritzed brown paint with a brush all over the box and inked with Potting Soil (Ranger Archival) the edges.

In the end I added a coat of varnish.





I hope you like it!


With my box I would like to join the May TIMI challenge of the Craft Stamper Magazine.



3 comments:

  1. so very gorgeous - I adore these stamps - can't wait to ink mine up!!! Lovely box Monika! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous box ..... great stamps. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love what you've made with the box! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!