Sunday 18 February 2018

Quick card with dog and cat by MFT

Once at the Country View Challenges, we had a time challenge (30 minutes or under). That time it was a real challenge for me but when I learned the MFT had a time challenge too I wanted to try myself immediately using the old tricks I developed for this type of challenges.

So here are my 4 tricks:

1. Be ready for the design! You have to figure out the design in advance! Which colours you want to use? How you want to build the card? Which papers you want to use?

2. Be prepared! Put everything (all the dies, stamps, inks, papers) near you, near your hands on the desk!

3. Don't use difficult techniques and colouring! (I have to ignore the Copic and pencil colouring - these take time but the water colouring is okay for me)


4. Don't worry about the mess! You will have time to tidy up or repack everything after the project!


And yet, after all these preparations the time challenge is a real challenge! 20 minutes is very limited!


And now, here is my card for the 20 minutes challenge of the MFT Creative Olympics:





What I used:

MFT, Furever Friends stamp

MFT, Paw Background stamp

Die-Namics, Stitched Circles dies

Die-Namics, Square dies

Crafter's Companion, Neenah Desert Storm paper A4

Ranger Distress inks (Vintage Photo, Antique Linen)

Ranger Archival (Jet Black)

Canson watercolour paper 

Ranger Distress markers (Scattered Straw, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Hickory Smoke, Bundled Sage, Spun Sugar)


Here are some pics of the making:







As you can see, I finished my card at 17 minutes and 23 seconds.









With my card, I would like to join the MFT Creative Olympics  Speed Cardmaking event.





MentésMentésMentésMentés

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!