Friday 22 June 2018

Magic wands with owls

I liked so much Susan's magic wands at the Country View Crafts that I decided to make some for my nephews. I asked the boys about the colours and the embellishments and they chose the brown-gold combo with owls.

So I took my glue gun, my chopsticks from the kitchen drawer, a few owl charms and some rope to make these.




Here are two photos where you can see the wands/chopsticks before the painting.




As you can see, I made two with skulls but not for my nephews.


Here I put a layer of gesso on them. Later I gessoed the owls as well because they were too shiny.




The wands after the brown painting, the gilding and the sealing. 




Thank so much for stopping by!!!


1 comment:

  1. These are brilliant Monika, I love how you've altered the chopsticks, sooo clever! Have a fun weekend - keep watching the football lol Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!