Thursday 13 December 2018

Christmas card with gingerbread men

Hello Everyone, I'm so excited to show you my latest make, a Christmas card with these cute little gingerbread men.



The first layer of this card is a kraft paper. And I used the same kraft paper to cut out my gingerbread men with the gingerbread dies of the Fresh Baked #2 set. I cut them twice and glued the two pieces together to give them dimensions.

I spattered them with diluted white acrylic paint and Vintage Photo Spray Stain, then I inked the edges with Vintage Photo ink.

The letters were cut out from red cardstock with Alphanumeric Thinlits dies (3/4" tall). I inked the edges of the letters with Vintage Photo.

The second layer was a green cardstock which was a little smeared with white acrylic paint then inked the edges with Vintage Photo.

I did the same with the red printed paper which was taken from the Christmas Paper Stash.

The greenery was blotted and spattered with white acrylic paint.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Fresh Baked by Tim Holtz (663116)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric, 3/4" tall by Tim Holtz (660056)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mini Holiday Greens by Tim Holtz (661597)

Idea-Ology, Christmas Paper Stash 8x8" (TH93739)

Idea-Ology, Jingle Brads Fasteners (TH93743)

Idea-Ology, Small Talk Sticker Book, Occasions

Ranger Distress ink pad (Vintage Photo)

Ranger Distress Spray Stain (Vintage Photo)

etc.



With my card, I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Warm Winter Wishes

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Christmas






2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Monika :-) I love the gingerbread men, so very cute!! :-)

    Congratulations you have won the $50 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Please email us, there is a clickable link on the sidebar of the challenge blog :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I could eat these little men up! Congratulations, Monika! What a great Christmas gift! I'm so excited to see a familiar name win the SSS voucher! Yippee! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!