Sunday 17 March 2019

Easter tag with a bunny and flowers - warm colours

This tag is a rethought and a remade version of my 2016 tag. That time I participated in a Tim Holtz challenge, the 12 tags of 2016. This was the March tag and you can find Tim's original tag here.

Unfortunately, my Butterfly Frenzy Sizzlits die doesn't cut nicely anymore, so here I used the Mini Tattered Flowers instead.



I cut out a tag with Sizzix Bigz die from corrugated cardboard. Then I cut out the rabbit with Sizzix Bigz die, Easter elements.



I cut out a tag with the same die from watercolour paper, then I put the corrugated cardboard on its top and I drew the outline of the bunny with a pencil.

I placed the flower dies to the watercolour tag.



I fixed them with washi tape.



I glued my tag to a page of a book that I found in the recycling center. 



The further steps (applying gesso, blending distress crayons) were the same you can find in Tim's instruction.

For my bunny and for the flowers as well, I used the following colours: Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed.



Instead of foil sheets, I melted embossing powder (Princess Gold) to my tag. I also spattered my tag with Walnut Stain Spray Stain.



But then I realized that these colours are not really my favourite, so as soon as I finished this tag, I started to make another one, a blue version. I will show you that soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!