Monday 5 August 2019

Mixed media journal cover with dragonfly

This is my second project for our August challenge, Texture. As for the first time, again, I have made a mixed media journal cover. The process - how I altered my IKEA notebook, how I wrinkled and glued the tissue paper onto the surface -was the same. So if you want to see that, please click here.


When the tissue paper was dry, I painted the cover with Schminke Indigo blue acrylic paint. 



Then, with a sponge, I smudged the surface with diluted Whispering Turquoise paint.


Then I spattered with DecoArt Americana Glorious Gold paint.



Then I glued the cutouts which were painted with gold paint.

I used the following Sizzix Thinlits die sets: Geo Insects, Script Friendship Words.





I hope you like it! And if you have a project with some interesting texture, please don't hesitate to join our August challenge where you can win a £20 voucher!


4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Monika, I definitely need to go and scrunch some tissue paper. Have a wonderful week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Monika.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very effective, Monika! I love the colour contrast too, great cover! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project dear Monika! I love this background!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!