Friday 20 September 2019

Red poppies with dark blue background

After my gold embossed poppy card, I wanted to make a more traditional one where the poppies are coloured to red. I wanted to create a background which enhances the beauty of the poppies and I also wanted to make it elegant. So I created this:


And here is my tutorial:

I stamped the image onto a Neenah Solar White paper (110lb) with Versamark ink, then I heat embossed with Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder. I so loved this stamp, so I decided to keep the whole image, I just didn't want to cut off any part of it. This is why I didn't use any MFT STAX die, I just trimmed off the white areas with a guillotine.

Then I started to colour the images with Copic Sketch markers. 






If you can't see in my picture what colours I used, I will tell you then. 
For the poppy flowers: R27, R24, R22, R11
For the middle of the poppy flowers: C6, E11, W3
For the stems: YG03, G24
For the fruit: E11, W3
For the background: B29, B26


Actually, the background wasn't that dark (the photo doesn't do it justice), so for more drama, I coloured some areas with Dark Indigo and Black Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils.

I also used my colourless Copic marker to remove the unwanted colours from the embossed contours.


After I sprayed my colouring with a fixative and I placed my card onto a red, then a gold panel. In the end, I glued it on a dark blue card base.

Oh, the sentiment! I stamped the text with Versamark onto a paper strip from the same cardstock I used for the card base. I heat embossed with Princess Gold, then cut out with one piece of the Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips die set.


What I used:

MFT Poppies background stamp

MFT Essential Sentiments stamp set


Copic Sketch markers

Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder

Tsukineko, Versamark ink

Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils

Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive

Foam adhesive tape

gold, red, blue cardstock



I have made this card for the MFT 2019 Card Design Superstar challenge. And with this card, I would like to join the Coloring Virtuoso category. 

I hope you like it!!! Happy crafting!!!


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the color combo - red, navy, and gold!!! Thank you for joining in the Superstar contest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!