Wednesday 20 May 2020

Tag with little boy and suitcases

I think we can all agree that it's only a matter of time when this little boy, you and I can travel again. But right now I'm not even sure I can visit my family in Hungary this summer or to travel anywhere else. I also had to cancel my Easter trip to Hungary and Italy and my May trip to Dieppe (France). But I think I'm not alone and we all wait the possibility of safe travelling.

Till then here is my tag.


What I used:

Sizzix Bigz die, Baggage Claim by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Bigz die, Tag&Bookplates by Tim Holtz

Stampers Anonymous, Bricked Layering Stencil by Tim Holtz

Idea-Ology Baseboard Dolls

Idea-Ology, Clipping Stickers

Idea-Ology, Loop Pins

Ranger Distress inks



The suitcases were coloured with Distress inks, original and oxide as well. I spritzed them with water and when they were dry I rubbed them with Micro Glaze.

After the stencilling and when my bricks were completely dry, I painted with acrylic paints, brick by brick. I know it sounds silly, but I love how it turned out. I wanted to create something similar to the wall of the 9 3/4 platform at King's Cross Station (Harry Potter).


I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!


With my tag, I would like to join the challenge of The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog: Oh Man!







5 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love the brickwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Monika! The brickwork is just yummy and the boy with his suitcases reminds of an activity that seems so far in the past. Thanks again for playing along at The Funkie Junkie Boutique in our Oh, Man! challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those suitcases, and the boy looks so good perched on top. Great brick wall background too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Monika gosh aren't we all missing being able to travel right now. Still, we have this fantastic tag to keep us wishing of far off places. I love that you thought of replicating a Harry Potter wall for the background as it suits the whole theme so well. Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh this is so cute, love it. The stenciled bricks look great! Thanks for joining in our challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!