Friday 5 June 2020

Feminine birthday banner

Lately, I was a little busy with a big project, which took a few days. My friend who celebrates her birthday at the beginning of June asked me to make her a birthday banner.

After questioning her about the details, I decided to make it in Hungarian. Therefore I had to do 16 banners to make out the BOLGOG SZÜLINAPOT greeting. 

To begin, I cut out 16 banners from white cardstock with the Sizzix Framelits Plus die, Banners. I needed this die set because my banners are quite big. Then I painted gold on both sides. I had to do this since the gold papers are very expensive and I needed plenty. For this, I used the DecoArt Glorious Gold colour.

Then I cut out the one size smaller banners from pattern papers. For this, I used the First Edition floral paper pads, like Floral Pavilion, Pretty Posy, Bella Rose. Unfortunately, all of them are discontinued.

The letters were cut out from gold papers with the Sizzix Bigz die, Sassy Serif Letters.

The only photo I could make about my banner was the one to ask my friend which colour raffia twine she wanted for her banner.



I hope she will take some pictures when she installs this in her garden. And if so, I will show you more pictures of my banner.

And here are the promised pictures:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!