Thursday 22 October 2020

Gingerbread houses from paper - Christmas ornaments

Hello dear crafters, I would like to show my latest makes, my gingerbread houses which were made with one of the the Sizzix Chapter 4 dies, the Tim Holtz Paper Village Thinlits die set.


This is not the first project when I use kraft paper to create gingerbread items. I used the same technique when I made my cards with Tim Holtz gingerbread men (Fresh Baked). You can see it here.

Well, I cut out my houses from kraft paper, then I  inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink. 


Then I spattered them with diluted white acrylic paint and Vintage Photo Spray Stain.

And as you can see, I used only the door of this set. But I cut it off totally because actually it's bending, you can open it and close it. But for this design, I just needed a separate door. 

I didn't use the windows of this set, I used the window of Village Bungalow Bigz die instead.

You can find the heart in the Valentine Side Order die set.

Before I attached the roof on the house, I made a little hole in the middle, so I could add a jute twine through the hole. 

I think these little houses, hanging ornaments will be perfect as Christmas decorations. 




With my houses, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Not a card

Thank you for stopping by!!! Happy crafting!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!