Wednesday 27 January 2021

Bookmark with silly monster - It's time to read

Hello everyone, luckily I have found some time lately to make a bookmark. I needed one, so I really had to find time for crafting. I started to read the Mythos by Stephen Fry because my daughter is so good in Greek mythology and she is always testing me. I think she is extremely satisfied when she sees her mother struggling. Unfortunately, my memories about the Greek mythology are more than 30 years old. I must not lose face before my daughter, so I have to refresh my memories and believe me this book is the best for this.

Since it's a bookmark, my goal was to make it as flat as I can. No dimensions, no protruding parts!

I cut out my tag from a 300 gsm watercolour paper with Sizzix Framelits die, Tag Collection (658784). I coloured it with Tumbled Glass Distress paint. I stencilled little squares with Linen layering stencil. For this I used the mixture of Antique Linen and Picket Fence paints. 

I spattered my tag with brown paint. 

For the letters, I used Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower (664407) and Alphanumeric 3/4" (660056). For this, I coloured a piece of paper with Cracked Pistachio paint and when it was dry I cut out the letters.


The silly monster is part of the Sizzix Thinlits die set, Silly Monsters (662374). The crown is from the Sizzix Movers&Shapers die set, Mini Crown and Fleur (657210). For the dots on the crown, I used the Sizzix Thinlits die set, Atomic Elements (664152). To the bottom I put a strip which was cut out with the Sizzix Impresslits die, Star Trim (663297). Both the strip and the crown were painted with metallic pearl paint.


With my tag, I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Let's be on time

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make your own background


Thank you for stopping by!!! Happy crafting!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!