Saturday 1 May 2021

Tag with Eiffel Tower and a little ballerina

Hello everyone, it's already May and we have a new challenge over at the Country View Challenges. The theme is We will always have Paris and my teamie, Christine aka Crafty Field will be your hostess. 

Well, I created a tag. For making this tag I had an inspiration board on the Pinterest. You can see it here. It's all about Ladurée, a bakery which was founded in 1862, in Paris and their main product is the macaron. Although I don't eat sweets made with sugar, I love the Ladurée style, atmosphere and advertisements. 




I begun my tag with cutting a tag from chipboard with the Sizzix Tag&Bookplate die. First, I added a layer of texture to both sides, then I painted both sides with a mixture of Bundled Sage and a tiny drop of Cracked Pistachio Distress paints.


When it was dry, I blended Dusty Concord Archival ink through a layering stencil (Shifter Stripes). 

I dried it with a heat tool, then I toned back the colours with watered Picket Fence paint.

The little girl was coloured with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Glaze. But first I applied embossing ink on the paper doll using the Distress embossing pen with brush tip. I'm sorry, I have no idea in which Idea-Ology Paper Doll sets you can find this girl, since I have many and I just put all in a big box :-)

The Eiffel Tower was stamped with Distress ink, then I heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine Black embossing powder.

For the balloons, I used two die sets, the Circle Play for the twines and the Birthday (Sizzix Side Order) for the balloons.

The gold branches on the top are in the Funky Florals 2 set, and I heat embossed them with Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder.

What I used:

Sizzix Movers&Shapers die, Tag&Bookplates 

Sizzix Thinlits die, Funky Florals 2

Sizzix Thinlits die, Circle Play

Sizzix Side Order die, Birthday

Stampers Anonymous, Paris Memoirs (CMS159)

Stampers Anonymous, Papillon (CMS106)

Stampers Anonymous, Shifter Stripes layering stencil

Ranger Distress paints (Picket Fence, Cracked Pistachio, Bundled Sage)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Dusty Concorde)

Ranger embossing powders (Super Fine Black, Princess Gold)

Ranger Distress embossing glaze (Kitsch Flamingo)

Idea-Ology paper doll

etc.


So if you have a Paris themed project, please don't hesitate to join our May challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher to spend in the Country View Crafts online shop.



8 comments:

  1. Laduree macarons yumm... I have been given a mixed box on 2 occasions recently (they have a shop in the UK) and they are delicious, although expensive! The boxes are waiting for a crafty recycling!
    Gorgeous tag Monika, a celebration of Paris fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Tag Monika. I love your girl dancing and the colour really conjures Paris in my head too. I also loved your use of a Pinterest board for inspiration. I use it so much in my illustration work but never thought about it for these challenges, so thank you. hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tag! I love the colours and the little paper doll that you added is super sweet - perfect 😁. Happy May! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Monika, it really captures the feel of Paris. Take care and have a very happy May, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag, dear Monika! the little girl looks so cute with the balloons.
    Happy May and take care!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag Monika. I love the way you have coloured the paper doll too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great tag Monika! Happy May sorry for the late visit! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the colors on this tag, Monika! Such a fun tag, and I appreciate the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!