Thursday 13 January 2022

Birthday card with Ice Flake by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, I'm here with the second project that I made for our January challenge over at the Country View Challenges. The theme is A Year To Sparkle And Shine. For my second project I chose the same background as for the first, a birthday card with Cozy Winter bear


My first project, my first card was made for my sister but this one was made for my daughter, Eszter who is turning 16! Another January birthday girl :-)

And now on to the preparation.

For the background I took a 300 gsm paper, the Sparkles&Christmas stamp set and a silver embossing powder and heat embossed a sparkle background.


Then I blended Tumbled Glass ink onto the whole surface and Faded Jeans to the edges. 


I cut out the Ice Flake from white paper, then from silver glitter paper. I cut out the big snowflake from blue glitter paper and the mini snowflake from silver glitter paper. I placed them on top of each other and glued them together but I put the glue just in the middle. In the end I glued a half pearl too in the middle.


The text was stamped on black cardstock with super fine white embossing powder. Don't forget to use the antistatic pouch!


What I used:

Stampers Anonymous, Sparkles&Christmas stamp set by Tim Holtz (CMS324)

Stampers Anonymous, Saying Stuff stamp set (THJ009)

Sizzix Bigz die, Ice Flake by Tim Holtz (663109)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Paper Snowflakes by Tim Holtz (660059)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Paper Snowflakes, Mini by Tim Holtz (661599)

Ranger Distress inks (Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans)

Ranger Distress embossing ink

Ranger embossing powders (silver, super fine white)

Ranger anti-static pouch

glitter papers

etc.


So if you have a sparkly project please don't hesitate to join our January challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher in the Country View Crafts online shop.






3 comments:

  1. Simply stunning! That background is one of my favourites and the addition of all the glitter paper border and sparkly snowflake is amazing 😀. I enjoyed your tutorial too! Thanks so much for the inspiration, this sure does sparkle and shine! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very stylish and elegant, a beautiful card for your daughter, Monika! Have a great Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful Monika, I hope your daughter had a very happy birthday! Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!