Saturday 5 March 2022

Gladys by Sizzix Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, here is my first Gladys card with the adorable flamingo of Sizzix Chapter 1. This is a Colorize die which means you have to put many layers on top of each other to assemble the bird. Well this is my version with this new die.



And here is my tutorial. First about the background.

I cut out a slimline card from 300gsm watercolour paper. Then I blended different Oxide ink colours to create the background with the sky, sea and sand. For making the sun, I cut out a circle and used it as a mask when I was making the sky. 


Then I covered the top part and splattered the sand with diluted brown acrylic paint.


I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress ink.

Then a splattered the whole background (except the sun) with white acrylic paint.

As for the flamingo... I cut out all parts from 300 gsm watercolour paper and painted them with Distress paints.

The first layer with Abandoned Coral.


The second layer with Kitsch Flamingo with a tiny Abandoned Coral.

The wing, the crest and the pink part of the beak were painted with only Kitsch Flamingo. The legs and the eyelashes with Pumice Stone.


For the palm tree I used Mowed Lawn and Frayed Burlap but I inked the edges with Potting Soil Archival ink. 





What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Colorize, Gladys by Tim Holtz (665851)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Tropical by Tim Holtz (661207)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Talk stamp set by Tim Holtz (CMS236)

Ranger Distress Oxide inks (Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade, Antique Linen)

Ranger embossing powder (super fine white)

Ranger Distress paint (Kitsch Flamingo, Abandoned Coral, Mowed Lawn, Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone)

Ranger Distress ink (Abandoned Coral, Gathered Twigs)


I hope you like it! Thank you for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!