Sunday 5 February 2023

Birthday card with Bunny Games die set

Hello everyone, I'm here with my second inspirational project that I made for our February challenge over at the Country View Challenges. The theme is: Be sentimental.


Because of the gift box and the balloon this can be a birthday card, but for me it's a name-day card for a friend who likes bunnies and purple colour. 

And now, here is the tutorial.

I cut out a rectangle panel from watercolour paper and coloured the bottom part with Pumice Stone and the upper part with a mixture Speckled Egg and Cracked Pistachio.



When it was dry, I painted the clouds using white paint and a brush.


Then I toned back the background with a wet mixture of Picket Fence and Pumice Stone. I dried it with a heat tool and then I inked the edges with Hickory Smoke and Vintage Photo Archival ink. 


Then I arranged the cut-outs on the panel to find the place for the text. When I found the perfect place, I stamped the text with embossing ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Bunny Games (665850)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Celebrate Colorize (666285)

Stampers Anonymous, Handwritten Thoughts (CMS218)

Ranger Distress paint (Cracked Pistachio, Speckled Egg, Picket Fence, Pumice Stone)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Hickory Smoke, Vintage Photo)

Ranger embossing powder (super fine black)

etc.




So if you have a project with a sentiment on it, please don't hesitate to join our February challenge where a randomly selected winner can have a £20 voucher in the Country View Craft Shop! Good luck!



3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Monika, I love how you've painted the background. Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet... and a brilliant design for any occasion!
    Happy weekend Monika. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this card is so cute! The colours are perfect! Have a happy February! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!