Thursday 19 June 2014

Sizzix - How to make fairy magic wand


Fabriquer baguette de fée


I've just finished these fairy magic wands.






I don't know when, and I don't know which movie, but I'm sure that it was a family film in which I have seen such fairy wands. In the film there was a cute dog, a nice little girl and lovers of course..., and I think the little girl had these types of magic wands.


I was thinking a lot about the materials of the stars. I was thinking of papers, but even a 220 grammes paper could be too thin for these wooden sticks. But a heavy cardboard could be too rigid.

I was thinking of felt but at the beginning I wanted to decorate them with glitter paints. So I threw away the idea.

Luckily I had Ryher Crepla foam sheets at home, so I found the solution.





The sticks was made for cotton candies. As they were quite huge I cut about 10 centimeters off. Like this the sticks were 27-28 centimeters. I painted them with Marabu acrylic paints. 








I cut out the stars with Sizzix Framelits dies and Sizzix Big Shot but if you don't have these, you can do it with good templates and with scissors. 

I used hot glue gun to attache the sticks to the stars.










And I glued the other stars with hot glue gun too.







I have bought self-adhesive rhinestones stickers which were not really self-adhesive, so I had to help them with extra glue to attache them.






I put shinny cords directly under the stars.













These wands are ideal for decorations at birthday parties or in girls' room.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!