Monday 22 September 2014

DIY Christmas picture book - transforming an old book

I don't know what title can express the real essence of this project but the one I chose is not perfect enough. 

What happened here exactly was that I took an old book which was ready to go to the recycling container but I saved it and transformed it something totally different. 





Like this it is not really a book it is more like a huge 3D card.

The book which underwent this transformation was a Russian language book.






I divided the pages of the book in half and after I glued the pages, but beware! not separately one after another. You have to keep them tight with clips and you have to glue them all in one. I used Tacky Glue.











Let it dry completely.  







You have to do it with the other half too.


After it dried I cut out two windows in the pages with a craft knife.













I glued the newly cut parts and I pressed them with heavy books.



I covered the cyrillic letters with other pages from an other book.







I covered the pages with modeling paste. When it dried I painted gold, blue and white paints on it.










For the house I used Sizzix dies:































The pine trees:










I covered the trees and others - the snowman's hat and scarf , the bird, the street lamp - with Glossy Accents. 



The fence: 









I covered the fence with Crackle Accents.


I painted red the cover of the book.


























What I used:













- Sizzix Framelits Die - Stars




- Tacky Glue

- Marabu modeling paste

- snowflake puncher

- rhinestones

- stamps

- acrylic paint

- and a used book






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!