Wednesday 22 October 2014

Halloween salt dough - haunted house


This year I have purchased a haunted house cookie cutter for the salt dough decoration making workshop. And I would like to show you what I have done.





How to make it - step by step:

1. Mix the salt and the flour (about one cup from this and one cup from that) with some water (as necessary).

2. Knead the dough and roll it out. Then use the cookie cutter.

3. Dry the shapes in the oven between 50 and 100 celsius and leave the door ajar because of the steam.

4. When it dried paint it with black acrylic paint.

5. When the paint dried paint door and windows with orange paint.

6. With glitter liner (mine was Marabu) frame the door and the windows.

7. When all dried put some varnish on the surface.






















My other blogposts on this subject:






<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!