Sunday 23 November 2014

Christmas garland or Noel sign


I have made this garland for the fireplace. Since the  word "Christmas" would have been too long I have chosen the NOEL instead. 





I cut out 4 ornament shapes with Sizzix cutting machine from chipboard but as this shape is so simple you can cut it out with scissors. 






I cut out 8 ornament shapes from a book I wanted to throw out. I glued the book pages to the chipboard ornaments. 


I painted cherry red with acrylic paint on both sides. But unfortunately my photos don't show the actual colour but believe me my ornaments are really cherry red.

I coloured the top with gold Marabou Glitter Liner.






I also cut out the 4 letters of NOEL with Sizzix. I painted them with Tsukineko Memento ink then I put a layer of  light green Marabu Glitter Liner.

















When the Glitter Liner dried I put a layer of Ranger Glossy Accents . 







Do you see how shiny and puffy my letter "N" is? It's the result of using the Glossy Accents.








I made holes on the top of the ornaments with Crop-A-Dile. 











What I used:



Marabu Glitter Liner (gold, light green)

Tsukineko Memento Ink Pad

Ranger Glossy Accents


red acrylic paint



P.S.: Since I needed the place at the fireplace for the Christmas stockings so I removed the NOEL sign and I attached each ornament on a branch. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!